How long can a cookie last?Last Updated: October 14, 2019
The duration of a cookie can be set when the cookie is created. By default, the cookie is destroyed when the current browser window is closed, but it can be made to persist for a length of time after the page is closed. Some cookies are ‘session cookies’, which means they only exist when your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser or quit the app.
Other cookies are ‘persistent cookies’, meaning they survive after your browser or app is closed and can be used by websites or apps to recognize your computer when you re-open your browser or app later.
- Cookie Banner Guidelines for Each Global...
- Cookie Law Definitions
- What is Piggybacking?
- What is protocol?
- What is a Cookie?
- Why are cookies used?
- When are cookies created?
- How long can a cookie last?
- What information is stored in a cookie?
- Who can access cookies?
- How are cookies used in advertising?
- What is cookie profiling?