CCPA Compliant Cookie Banner
Last Updated: March 18, 2020
Since the enacting of the CCPA, it’s important for companies to implement cookie banners when they’re collecting and processing the personal data of California residents. In this article, we’ll take a look at how to create a CCPA compliant cookie banner.
If the business that collects the personal data of individuals meets one or more of the following conditions, they must adhere to the steps to be CCPA compliant:
- The business earns $25 million or more in revenue annually.
- Processes data of 50K or more consumers, households, or devices.
- It derives at least 50 percent of its annual revenue from selling the personal in
A CCPA compliant cookie banner must include the following:
- A button to accept or decline cookies. Although the CCPA doesn’t require consumers to opt-in to cookies before the website can drop cookies, it’s considered best practice to still inform the user about the data it collects. The cookie banner can include a link to a cookie settings page where a user can choose to opt-in or out, as well as see exactly what cookies they’re consenting to.
- The consumer must have the ability to withdraw consent for the sale of their personal information at any time in an easy-to-find spot on the website.
Create your CCPA opt-out button and cookie consent banner with CookiePro!