Last Updated: November 24, 2020
The following are some compliance requirements of CCPA and how CookiePro helps:
- Display Notice of Sale Information
- Build trust and transparency by clearly communicating to consumers that their personal information is sold unless the consumer opts out. Provide the website visitor with a cookie banner and preference center, or a Do Not Sell button to opt-out of the sale of their personal information.
- Track Do Not Sell Opt-Outs with Many Unique Identifiers
- Under the CCPA, personal information includes anything that identifies, relates to, or can be associated with a consumer, household, or device. Using CookiePro, track do not sell requests using many unique identifiers, such as account number or device ID.
- Action Do Not Sell Requests via Integrations with Existing Systems
- CookiePro communicates with existing systems to help ensure personal information is not sold if a consumer has opted out of the sale of their information.
- Track Consumer Opt-Outs and Request Reconsent after 12 Months
- Under the CCPA, organizations can request that opted out consumers opt back into the sale of their personal information after 12 months. CookiePro allows organizations to track this information and drive re-engagement.
- Tailor Cookie Banner Text for the CCPA
- Many organizations are seeking guidance when considering their cookie approach under the CCPA. CookiePro offers cookie banner text recommendations and customization capabilities for multiple regulations.
- Categorize Cookies to Meet CCPA-Specific Opt-Out Requirements
- Categorize cookies to bundle those that involve the sale of personal information. Then, enable opt-out for only those specific cookies through a CookiePro cookie banner and preference center.
- Enable Location-Based Cookie Banners
- Using geolocation, CookiePro can dynamically display different cookie banners based on the website visitor’s location, giving organizations flexibility in developing their cookie strategy.
- Leverage CookiePro to create, edit, track, and display your organization’s CCPA cookie notice.