How are cookies used in advertising?Last Updated: October 14, 2019
Advertisers use third-party cookies for behavioral advertising. Advertisers can track a user on their device, when jumping from website to website by adding tags to a page. This helps build a profile for the user based on behaviors and habits, so advertisements can be targeted to their interests.
With recent privacy laws going into effect, users have more control over advertisers tracking their behaviors.
- Cookie Banner Guidelines for Each Global...
- Cookie Law Definitions
- What is Piggybacking?
- What is protocol?
- What is a Cookie?
- Why are cookies used?
- When are cookies created?
- How long can a cookie last?
- What information is stored in a cookie?
- Who can access cookies?
- How are cookies used in advertising?
- What is cookie profiling?