What is the California Explicit Notice?Last Updated: October 23, 2019
According to the Attorney General, Digital Properties that engage in the sale of information and are subject to CCPA must include in the California Explicit Notice that:
- It collects personal information when the Consumer visits the Digital Property;
- It sells personal information to partners to deliver ads tailored to the Consumer’s interests;
- The Consumer has the right to opt-out of the sale by using the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link;
- The opt-out is at a device level and provides instructions for how to opt-out across different devices;
- Opting out of the sale of personal information on the Digital Property through the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link does not mean that the Consumer will stop seeing ads, including some interest-based ads.
- In the event the Consumer opts out of the sale, but does not opt-out of interest-based advertising, the Consumer may receive ads tailored to his or her interests based upon personal information that (i) pre-dated the opt out by more than 90 days; or (ii) was obtained from other sources from which the Consumer did not exercise that opt-out right; and
- Note: After the consumer opts out of the “sale,” Digital Properties that do not continue serving tailored ads based on personal information for which the consumer did not opt out are not required to make this disclosure]
Consent Models ▾
Cookies 101 ▾
- What is a Flash Cookie?
- What is Do Not Track?
- What is a Clear GIF?
- What is a Web Beacon?
- What Cookies Does My Site Use?
- What is an Opt-Out Cookie?
- What are Pop Up Ads?
- How are Cookies Used?
- What is an IP address?
- What is Cross-Domain Consent?
- What is Consent by Vendor with CookiePro?
- What is a Cookie Banner for Cookie...
- What is Website Tracking and Why is it...
- Cookie Banner Guidelines for Each Global...
- What is Piggybacking?
- Cookie Law Definitions
- What is a Protocol?
- What is a Cookie?
- Why are cookies used?
- When are Cookies Created on A Users Device?
- How Long Can a Cookie Last?
- Are Cookies Used in Advertising?
- What is Cookie Profiling?
Cookies and Integrations ▾
- Privacy Regulations: GDPR vs. CCPA
- What is Prior Consent?
- What is the General Data Protection...
- How do I comply with the e-Privacy?
- What is a DPA?
- The UK Information Commissioner’s Office...
- GDPR and Cookie Consent
- Google Analytics and GDPR
- GDPR Compliant Cookie Banner
- What is Personal Data in the GDPR?
How CookiePro Helps ▾
Product Updates ▾
Types of Cookies ▾
- What are HTTP only Cookies?
- What are Tracking Technologies?
- What is Opt-In Consent?
- What is an Opt-Out Cookie?
- What are Advertising Cookies and Targeting...
- What are Functionality Cookies?
- What are Strictly Necessary Cookies?
- What are Performance Cookies?
- What is a Persistent Cookie?
- What is a Session Cookie?
- What’s the Difference Between First and...
- What is a Third-Party Cookie?
- What is a First-Party Cookie?