The AEPD Updated Guide
In particular, the Updated Guide addresses the amendments implemented by the EDPB in its Guidelines on Consent, specifically the validity of consent provided by the data subject when interacting with cookie walls and on the issue of scrolling or swiping through a webpage as a clear and affirmative action of consent.
The Updated Guide also mentions that cookie walls cannot be used because they do not offer a valid alternative to consent. The AEPD stressed that this is particularly important to cases where the denial of access would prevent the exercise of a right legally recognized to a user, such as when access to a website is the only means provided in order to exercise the right.
In addition, the Updated Guide recalls that the EDPB established that continued browsing cannot constitute a valid way to obtain consent, and therefore Section 3.2.3(e) of the Updated Guide was amended accordingly.
How CookiePro Helps
CookiePro is constantly monitoring new global guides and best practices and will continue to keep you updated on the latest news. With the #1 trusted solution for cookie compliance, customers can rest easy knowing they have the most powerful solution to help comply with 100s of regulations. Get started for free!
- Scan your website to identify and categorize cookies and tracking technologies on your website
- Automatically generate a detailed list of cookies, categories, and descriptions in dynamic Cookie List based on your latest website scan
- Tailor your consent banner to match your company’s brand including display, color, content, and language
- Customize your consent approach from notice only, opt-out, implied, opt-in or customize your own
- Build a centrally located, historical consent database to demonstrate compliance to regulators and auditors
- Once the disclosure is embedded on your website, you can easily update the content from the CookiePro interface at any time.