How to Prepare for a Cookieless World
Google has announced that by the end of 2023 it will officially stop supporting third-party cookies on its Chrome browser. This comes as...
Google has announced that by the end of 2023 it will officially stop supporting third-party cookies on its Chrome browser. This comes as consumers become more aware of the amount of data companies are collecting on them and actively take steps to reduce that amount. Most major technology platforms have taken these concerns into consideration and have recently implemented or announced restrictions around their data collection and tracking.
With the increased focus on privacy, marketers need to take action now to prepare for a future of cookieless advertising and focus on consent-based advertising instead.
How Does a Cookieless World Impact Me?
Third-party cookies were designed to anonymously store end-user data. However, Ad-tech providers took this opportunity to access large datasets to launch and measure highly targeted ads.
As a result of a cookieless world, your ad data and third-party data processing will decline in:
Ad targeting, buying, and optimizations strategies will be disrupted and constrained. Google has stressed the importance and focus on greater privacy for web browsers. This comes shortly after Apple’s iOS update 14.5 announcement in April 2021, featuring a new consent protocol called App Tracking Transparency (ATT).
How to Prepare for the End of Third-Party Cookies
The end of third-party cookies is offset by the rise in other types of privacy-focused tracking. It is important websites take the action steps today to plan, test, and optimize their strategy now so they can be prepared when the end of the third-party cookies arrive. Regardless, as users become more aware of their privacy, it’s important websites communicate trust and transparency – without impacting revenue and opt-in rates.
Cookieless Action Plan Steps:
- Identify All The Places You Use Third-Party Cookies: You might not even realize all the ways your site uses third-party cookies. Scan your website today for FREE to gain full visibility into the data sources that you’ll lose access to. Start Your Free Scan.
- Ensure Cookie Compliance & Deliver Transparency: Even with the end of third-party cookies, websites will still need a consent management platform (CMP) to comply with regulations and capture consent for other types of cookies and tracking technologies. Get started today with our Free Edition, no credit card required.
- Integrate Consent Across Multiple Devices: Sync with leading ID solutions to identify the end-user after consent is given on the first property interaction. Then, conduct a “cookie-less” consent and preferences sync across domains, websites, mobile, and CTV devices. CookiePro’s advanced Consent Rate Optimization feature is a must for any organization wanting to make the most of its cookie-less transition. See how it works.
- Establish Trust & Build Brand Credibility with First-Party Data: Capturing first-party data on various collection points not only enhances customer profiles and begins to replace other data sources, like third-party cookies, but it provides transparency to your customers. Learn more about all the benefits of first-party data by requesting a demo today.
- Give Your Customers More Control & Choices Over Their Data: Deliver dynamic and logic-based cookie banners for data elements, custom questions, and options available based on geolocation, user segment, for better personalization, segmentation, targeted campaigns and achieve regulatory compliance. You can also A/B test different cookie banners to optimize consent opt-in rates.
In addition to the action steps above, there are many other privacy strategies websites should implement such as Google’s Federated Learning of Cohorts (FLoCs), Data Attribution, and Conversion Modeling. It’s also important to note, successful websites will not just rely on one or two strategies but a combination of multiple strategies that are tested and optimized specifically for their industry and niche.
Don’t Wait – Prepare for a Cookieless World Today
It’s okay if your organization hasn’t planned for the end of third-party cookies yet. The good news is you still have time to adapt!
With CookiePro Cookie Consent you can prove to your customers that you take their privacy concerns seriously. CookiePro helps you easily communicate a clear value exchange by asking customers for the right data at the right time. Be transparent with the benefits and considerations of providing that data. Additionally, Consent Rate Optimization allows you to A/B test your strategy and optimize consent opt-in rates. Ensure you’re compliant and empowering your users with control over their data, all while protecting revenue and consent rates.