OneTrust Partners with GPC to Help Users Control Their Privacy
Today OneTrust, CookiePro’s parent company, and Global Privacy Control (GPC) announced their partnership to help users control their...
Today OneTrust, CookiePro’s parent company, and Global Privacy Control (GPC) announced their partnership to help users control their privacy with a new browser setting to communicate privacy preferences. OneTrust’s Consent Management Platform (CMP) is one of three CMP solution providers enabled to respect the new setting.
Interested in getting started for free? OneTrust Cookie Consent Free Edition
The Global Privacy Control empowers users to signal their chosen privacy settings to websites and services through their browser. The revolutionary setting was created by Ashkan Soltani, Georgetown Law and Sebastian Zimmenck, who led a coalition of publishers, tech companies, browse developers, and civil rights groups to develop the new signal.
Though the standard is not finalized several major browsers and extensions already support it. These browsers include Abine, Brave, Disconnect, DuckDuckGo, OptMeowt, and Privacy Badger. In addition to these browsers the signal is respected by major websites such as The New York Times, Financial Times, and Consumer Reports.
Benefits of Global Privacy Control and Preference Management
The Global Privacy Control empowers consumers to communicate their preferences around the sharing and sale of their data online to businesses. Additionally, this feature helps to promote trust between customers and businesses.
The signal supports businesses in fulfilling CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) opt-out of sale requests. By enabling the signal publishers can maintain compliance with CCPA-REGULATIONS §999.315. The signal is not just relevant for CCPA compliance but relevant for any website operating in a jurisdiction with an opt-out model.
The GPC signal supports GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliance by conveying a general request that data controllers limit the sale or sharing of a data subject’s personal data to other controllers (GDPR Articles 7 & 21).
How can users’ opt-in to the GPC and control their privacy using OneTrust’s CMP?
How OneTrust CookiePro Helps Support the GPC Signal
OneTrust supports the GPC signal through our cookie product and consent managemet platform (CMP). Customers can set a signal in the OneTrust environment under the targeting category to enable this feature. After enabling this feature when a website visitor sends the Do Not Track signal your system will automatically accept it.
In addition to using the GPC signal the OneTrust Consent Management Platform helps publishers and advertisers:
- Drive opt-ins and engagement – Track and analyze consent rates with pre-built, real-time dashboards and reporting, deploy A/B testing, and monitor to maximize opt-in rates.
- Earn audience trust – Demonstrate transparency and empower audiences with tools to control their consent and preferences.
- Protect your ad revenue – Support header bidding/pre-bidding and monetize content in new ways based on first-party data.
- Share signals – Sync with IAB TCF, IAB CCPA, Salesforce DMP, IAB TCF, Google DFP / AdSense / AdX, Google Tag Manager, Adobe DTM and more
- Integrate with existing tech stack – protect investments with easy integrations to other solutions such as Adobe Advertising Cloud, Facebook, FreeWheel, mParticle, Salesforce Audience Studio and more
Further Global Privacy Control reading:
- Global Privacy Control News: Announcing Global Privacy Control: Making it Easy for Consumers to Exercise Their Privacy Rights
- DataGuidance News: Comply with the CCPA and CPRA
Next Steps on Consent Management:
- Watch the Webinar: Authenticated Consent: How Do You Ensure Consent Across Devices?
- Learn More About Our Solution: CookiePro for Publishers & Advertisers