Italy’s DPA Finalizes Cookie Guidance
On June 10, 2021, the Italian data protection authority, also known as the ‘Garante’, released finalized guidance on cookies and...
On June 10, 2021, the Italian data protection authority, also known as the ‘Garante’, released finalized guidance on cookies and other tracking technologies (the Guidelines). Seven months ago, the Garante released a draft version for public consultation. These guidelines have confirmed that website owners have six months to comply.
Read more to get up to speed on the guidelines.
Italy Cookies Guidelines Overview
Key highlights from the finalized guidelines include:
- Legitimate interest is not considered a lawful ground to set cookies and similar tracking technologies;
- Ability to re-present a cookie banner to a user after six months from the initial presentations;
- Place an ‘X’ button on the cookie banner so users can continue navigating without consenting to the use of non-technical cookies;
- Authenticated users must have the ability to consent to the possibility of being tracked by cross-analysis of their behavior through the use of different devices;
- If there are changes to the third parties list, the website owner is responsible for the selection of the same third parties and must ensure that the resulting processing remain in line with the category groups;
- New specifications for the accessibility of cookie information in relation to persons with disabilities;
- Include a link for the user to update their cookie preferences at any time in the website’s footer;
- On any domain, include a graphic sign, an icon, or technical features to illustrate the status of the user’s expressed consents, and allow changes.
Next Steps to Comply
CookiePro empowers companies with the most powerful and flexible cookie consent solution to operationalize cookie compliance for the GDPR, LGPD, CCPA, and the IAB TCF 2.0 framework, and hundreds of others. As the most widely used cookie consent platform, CookiePro enables companies to scan and uncover hidden cookies and trackers on websites, configure branded banners using unique consent approaches based on location, and measure and optimize consent rates to maximize opt-ins.
Additionally, CookiePro customers are able to:
- Audit websites to understand first-and third-party cookies, privacy policies, cookie notices, tags, beacons, local storage objects, and other tracking technologies
- Configure templates, geolocation, and styling in the CookiePro platform
- Go to “Live Preview” and preview the testing version on your live production website
- Provide visitors with a customizable preference center where they can opt-in or out of the processing of their personal information
- Centralize consent records across domains with support for cross-domain consent
- Drive opt-ins and engagement by tracking and analyzing consent rates with pre-built, real-time dashboards and reporting, A/B testing, and monitoring to maximize compliant opt-in rates.
CookiePro Supports Your Compliance
With CookiePro’s pre-built templates you can easily manage user’s privacy choices and ensure your compliance under key regulations and frameworks. Get started for free, no credit card required.