Cookies Year in Review: Spanish DPA (AEPD)
In our weekly Cookies 2019 Year-in-Review blog series, we’re covering headlines that were made from regulations in 2019 in regards to website cookies and tracking technologies. This week, we’re focusing on the Spanish AEPD.
Spanish Data Protection Authority (AEPD)
Moreover, the Guide outlines the deﬁnition of cookies and similar technologies, transparency obligations, and consent requirements.
Key Takeaways From the Update
- Users’ consent may be obtained through explicit action once provided with clear and accessible information about the use of cookie.
- Consent must be freely given, informed, unambiguous, and actively provided. A user must also always be able to withdraw consent. Inactivity by the user cannot constitute valid consent.
- A user navigating a website in order to manage their cookie preferences is not providing valid consent.
- Using a scroll bar, when information on cookies is visible without the use of a cookie banner
- Clicking on certain content links within the website
- Swiping the screen to provide access to website content in devices such as mobile phones and tablet
CookiePro Website Scanning & Cookie Compliance Product
Using CookiePro, website owners are able to scan websites for third-party trackers and collect cookie consent with branded cookie banners. The following product features are available on-demand.
- Scan your website against the largest database of pre-categorized cookies – Cookiepedia by OneTrust, and get a report of the cookies and online tracking technologies on your website.
- Tailor your cookie banner and preference center and give users advanced control over their cookie settings.
- Customize and tailor your consent approach and generate a detailed Cookie List based on your latest website scan.
- Build an audit trail of detailed records of cookie consent and export visual reports for compliance purposes.