CookiePro Launches Consent Banner Testing Feature
CookiePro has recently launched a new consent banner test feature that will allow customers to test their consent management platform (CMP)...
CookiePro has recently launched a new consent banner test feature that will allow customers to test their consent management platform (CMP) on a live website before publishing it to the actual website. By utilizing this feature, customers will be able to simply configure their CMP and determine the geographical region they’d like to view the CMP in. Once “Publish Testing” is selected in the scripts section, customers can test what the CMP will look like on the actual website of the specific region.
This feature will be incredibly valuable for companies seeking to implement a CMP that is compliant while enhancing the user experience.
Strike a Balance Between UX and Consent
Various privacy regulations and frameworks such as GPDR, CCPA, and IAB TCF require consent to be collected on digital properties before dropping cookies and other tracking technologies that measure analytics and targeted advertisements. Ever since May 2018, when the GDPR went into effect, more and more websites have implemented cookie consent banners. As a result, companies and websites need to capture consent in a way that is compliant but doesn’t cause user fatigue.
It’s essential to build and test a CMPG that provides a user-friendly experience without impacting the consumer journey. A crucial first step is the ability to test a cookie banner before publishing it onto a live website. By testing and reviewing a live banner, websites will have the chance to pinpoint any mistakes and get a feel for the actual user experience.
Consent Banner Testing Feature Benefits
Test Within the CookiePro Platform with a Live URL
The new Consent Banner Testing feature will allow customers to test their CMP within the CookiePro platform. No advanced skills required – simply view the CMP on the testing live link that pops up after selecting “Publish Testing”.
View Banners in Different Geographical Regions
Many companies with website visitors from around the world will benefit from deploying a CMP that meets multiple jurisdiction requirements. For example, this testing feature allows employees who might be operating in the United States to easily preview what the CMP looks like for EU visitors. Simply select the geographical region you’d like to view the CMP in and instantly view that consent banner.
Copy Testing Link to Get Approval from Internal Teams
Many organization departments such as developers, marketers, or product owners will need to configure the CMP to their individual goals but will ultimately look to their legal team for advice on privacy requirements. With the new Consent Banner Testing feature, customers will be able to copy the testing URL within the CookiePro application and share it with internal teams to show them what the CMP will look like before publishing it to a live website.
Get Started Now
CookiePro provides a comprehensive solution for managing cookie consent. With an advanced list of features easily collect, manage, and maximize consent opt-in rates while automating compliance with CCPA, GDPR, ePrivacy Directive, IAB Europe TCF v2.0, DAA AdChoices, and hundreds of other laws and frameworks. Additionally, CookiePro customers are able to:
Audit websites and applications to understand first- and third-party cookies, SDKs, privacy policies, cookie notices, tags, beacons, local storage objects, and other tracking technologies
- Configure your templates and geolocation and styling in the CookiePro platform
- Go to “Live Preview” and view the testing version on your live production website.
- Customize banners for websites and applications using built-in consent approach options.
- Prime Apple iOS 14 app consumers with an app tracking transparency pre-prompt before consent for IDFA is captured.
- Share consent signals by syncing with Salesforce DMP, IAB TCF, Google DFP / AdSense / AdX, Google Tag Manager, Adobe DTM, and more.
- Centralize consent records across platforms, including web, mobile apps, OTT, AMP, and offline consent and preference collection with support for cross-domain consent.
- Drive opt-ins and engagement by tracking and analyzing consent rates with pre-built, real-time dashboards and reporting, A/B testing, and monitoring to maximize compliant opt-in rates.
- Integrate with existing tech stack and investments with easy integration with Adobe Advertising Cloud, Facebook, FreeWheel, mParticle, Salesforce Audience Studio, and more.
Go to Cookie Banner Gallery
Visit the cookie banner gallery to reference more examples of what your cookie banner, preference center, or CMP should look like.
For information on legal requirements from jurisdictions and local DPAs, download the Ultimate Cookie Handbook.